Sunday, June 22, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Amsterdam Holi Color Festival 2014, and homemade Chicken soup :)

Hey guys, I have an interesting post for today I think. I'm still really tired but it's noon so I'm forcing myself to get up now. Yesterday I went to the Holi Color Festival, and I guess when I first heard of it I wasnt sure just what it entitled. Sure I knew they through color powder through the air, but I didn’t fully get it. The color stains the hands, I've scrubbed my skin almost raw and I'm still sporting blue and green fingers on each hand It was fun I think a lot of drunken people there. Apparently thats what you to at festivals, you get drunk and then you dance, and have no inhibitions. I don't ever think that scene will be for me. I was slightly tipsy earlier that day but only because I hadn't eaten and I drank the alcohol on an empty stomach more of less. Does yogurt count? This post feels like it's going every which way so let me try again.

My weekend started off with Friday, after a horrible day of working, I was finally off. Horrible because I woke up with a sore throat that day and had these chills to go with it. Since I have the mornings after 8:30am free, I slept until 2:00pm as the girls come home at 3:00pm. I was cold and it was Netherland Hot! It sucked, and I then I had my swimming class(which I love btw) but I had to miss it because by the time I got back from the girls tennis lesson, my whole body was achy, and I was congested, I had no energy(I had no desire to even eat that day) I was plain miserable, so I went back upstairs and slept somemore hoping the next day(the festival I would feel better)

Saturday, I woke up early, and continued religious drinking lemon, hot water and honey as it soothed my sore throat but I still felt pretty horrible and I hate talking I've decided. I meet up with my friends........that word irks me right now, as I don’t feel like their my friends at the moment, but anyways getting ahead of myself. I meet up with them and we take the train to Amsterdam stadium, its like an hour or so long. There I am told that they don’t allow outside food or drink inside and I had too mixed drinks and simply chugged them. 


I had only yogurt to eat so I felt the alcohol immediately and didn’t like it. I then ate a half of my sandwich(which was a bitch to swallow oww!) and tried to enjoy the rest of the ride.I don’t remember. Much inbetween it, but the ride was slightly boring. We get off the train and the festival its just down the street from the station. I'm dressed in all white, I went out and bought new capris and a tshirt for just this occasion lol. Thankfully they weren't like expensive...Yay for the Action Store! We get there and peoples stuff is thoroughly searched mine had some clothes blocking it so I was able to bring in an ice tea and two cokes, not that I could enjoy the last two, slightly bitter about that but I'm not going to go there.. It started at 12pm but we got there around 3pm and stayed there until it closed at 10pm. So during the 7 hours of walking around, lounging on the grass, I didn’t drink I was completely sober, particularly because I was sick and the taste of beer is really gross to me. I will never understand that bit.

That to the left was only the beginning...it got worse...way worse lol.

So what we did was we got bracelets that say the Holi Festival 2014, Amsterdam and then I went and got my tshirt and my 5 bags of color, which I still have one left, a souvenir I supposed. Towards the end of it about 7pm, I was so over it all and just wanted to go home by then. I didn’t even want to get colored or throw up color. When I first got there, we had our mouths open, I think we were talking and then they threw the powder you tasted it, and never did it again. It was so salty and disgusting where if you drank water to clear the taste the water tasted like it. I think I got slightly dehydrated yesterday because I came home and chugged my water in my fridge, and then had 3 more cups of hot tea.

So when the festival was over it was chaotic, everyone trying to find someone else who was on their own but not really if you know what I mean. One of my friends(I can still call her a friend) she horribly messed up her foot that day. Like and hour or so after we got there,(she was wearing flip flops) and one of my others friends mashed their feet together(on accident I'm sure of it) and her toenaiil(on her big toe) end up being flipped upwards, It was gross and it looked painful especially as the first aid tech clipped it off.. Ow..just for thinking about it.

Told you, the bloody powder was everywhere ad it doesnt wash off without intense scrubbing!!!!

Anyway her toe was throbbing and I was slightly dizzy and my throat was sore we were more then ready to go. But the other two girls we were with had no such qualms. Theres a saying for guys,; 'Bros before hoes', and there's one for girls too I think, is chicks before dicks, or besties before testies.. or something of that nature. Ths gist of it is clear, I suppose. For the whole damn day I've gladly been letting my less then sober friends have their way at it ya know? I've done no cock blocking(so to speak) or anything and then when its FINALLY time to bloody go, they don’t want to stop. We make it out the festival, and then we stop. Walk a few more feet and then stop again. Walk some more, and then stop. We made it as far as the I am Amsterdam sign and they stopped permantedly. 


Tired, cold and sick I'm more then ready to go and so is my friend with the throbbing foot. I have a few choice words but they weren't nice so I kept them to my self, which is lucky as I've been known to hurt people more with my words, one girl describe it as it harsh and cutting of her flesh. But I'm getting off topic anyway, as they;re surrounded by guys(On the bases of not wanting to ditch my friends, and just generally being sober and ick and not finding anyone attractive to me I politely declined when the guys tried to talk to me today, wasn't feeling) Who the eff wants to chat with a sore throat?

So we wait for them for a half hour, (I know because the festival closed at 10:00pm but we didn’t get to the train station until 10:36pm.) Until finally my friend with the throbbing foot is in so much pain, I simply walk over to the two girls and I'm like, 'I'm leaving,'. And they did nothing, continued making out with their guys. I think. I stopped at that point. It had been a long day. A person can only take so much, not to mention I've been disrepected all DAMN day by someone who is supposed to be my friend. So I'm through with her at the moment and lemme finish this post before I end up on a rant.

I got to the train station with my friend, who I'm gonna refer to a Kiwi(because she's from New Zealand). We wait a half hour for a train, take that to Rotterdam Central(it take a whole hour, instead of the 34 minutes it was suppose too) Then we transfer and that takes 47 minutes, by the time we get to the train station, I'm exhausted, we part ways as she parked her bike somewhere other then I did and then I rode home. I saw her as I was riding home. We both live in the direction of the beach, her slightly more so then me as shes literally 5 minutes away from the beach.



I then get home, scrub my skin raw, drank 3 cups of lemon tea and passed the heck out around 2am. Now, I have a HUGE craving for Chicken and Potato stew, and I'm about to go to the store and get the chicken and veggies to make some. Hope everyone's weekend was great.!


So I went to the store, and made my soup...omg its so good! I found some pepper at the store and garlic salt...How I missed you guys! Man the only bad thing is, the sun is shining outside so its hot in my apartment, and theres no one to share it with. Ooh a breeze but on the bright side my sore throat is starting to feel slightly better. Yay! Thank you mom, for teaching me how to cook at 11...even if I hated it then, I appreciate it now! :) See doesnt it look yummy?? It was..trust me..and I have leftover too...mhm..



0 comments:

Post a Comment