Saturday, September 20, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Octoberfest! Arrival in Munich, Germany 2014

So im writing this on my Nook, so forgive me for the typos. So lets see our adventure started at Friday when we left at 9:30pm, to Germany from the Hague. When we got on it was empty until we got to Amsterdam and then it really filled up. We Ended up sittng in front of some immature girls who I swear was still in high school. They were making fun of everyone and was kicking our seat the majority of the ride. Good thing I like keeping the piece.

So we started on our trip, i didnt sleep much maybe four hours in total. We stopped throughout the ride so we could stretch and stuff so that was good.  But then after a particular stop we got on the road only to get stuck in literally standstill traffic in Germany. I had been typing to keep my sanity as it was 2:45am to about 4:30am that we hadnt moved! And I saw a police car riding on the side of the highway so I thought their might be car accident up ahead.

Then when we finally get to the damn station the previous bus had already left! We arrived at 5:30am and we were supposed to catch the bus at 5:00am We've been waiting for two hours until finally we called their emergency line.  We got stranded with two other people, a guy and a girl travelng solo. Which is good as the guy speaks, a bit of german and every ones english here is so bad!

We were then told that on today the 20th only one bus was available..the one the other bus made us miss at 5. What the hell? The lady in the office spoke no english...and so far, the german people I've seen have been so rude. worse then the dutch people.

I'm tired and annoyed, and we were then told they may have a bus for us at 12pm but we would get there at 6pm...one whole day wasted by the damn bus! Its frustrating. Spent a few hours with these people lol, and didn't know their names. Just got their name Mako was the asian girl and the guy was dutch and named Rueben.  We were told another bus would leave at 10:30am and we would arrive at 4:00pm, but we had to pay an additional 20 euros. I think they wanted to do a carpool thing, 20 euros a person...I only have 60 euros with me. The ticket is apparently non-refundable or non endorsable.

The bus company Mein Fern had shady wifi. It sucked but Eurolines was worse. They advertised wifi and there was none! I was so bored and my neck is killing me. I got used to reading signs in dutch, however now its all in german. Lol.

We arrived about an hour ago and met up with Camilla at the place we would be staying at. They went to the festival but I stayed back I'm auper tired right now. And if I go out, I will be a grouch. That's all for now, just an update for you guys. It Saturday now around 6:30pm, and I'm going to be in an hour. Hopefully tomorrow will be fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment