Friday, September 26, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Octoberfest 2014!!!!!

Hey there guys!


I know this is a bit late, but I've been exhausted after Octoberfest, and needed to sleep a bit extra before I could even attempt to write anything about my experience. So lets see, we left off I explained a bit about Friday and Saturday but Sunday was when Octoberfest started for me. We chose to go from Sept 20-23 as the 20 was the opening day but I didn't go then, it just was super tired only having slept 4 hours in the bus ride.








We all ate breakfast(which was leftover dinner btw lol) and then dressed in our Dirndls before we walked 20 minutes to the train station, took the train for like 10 minutes before getting off and walking about 10 minutes to the big festival grounds. I took a TON of pictures so I'll show you a few here . 


My friends had gone the previous night and had scoped out the beer tents, which lemme tell you right now...the word tent is misleading. The 'tent's are like these HUGE Resturants/Assembly rooms. I The picture to the left is one of the tents, but thats not even taking in what the hell was behind me!  It's intense and a lot of people, but I did have some fun. We got slightly tipsy beforehand before we went though, where we were then served this and that glass was huge!!!

 It's a liter by the way in case you can't see. MY drink there to the right was a Radler, its like the lowest content of a alcohol in it, and it taste like a lemon soda with a slight beer taste. I HATE the taste of alcohol and beer in general so this was awesome, however  Marcy and Camilla took great pleasure in switching our glasses around, so I ended up drinking some of theres! Blech! It was so gross!   


It had alot of rides there as well, but unlike and American Carnival fair thing where you buy a wristband and can ride everything, this one(and all the ones in Europe I'm finding out!) You have to buy each one seperately which can end up costting you quite a bit of money, so I only rode one ride. Alone but not really. It amused me alot as I had literally just swallowed the last of my food before I went up to ticket booth and immediatly got on the ride. The guy gave me a worried look, but I have never gotten sick on a ride..*knocking on some serious wood right now* My stomach is strong which is why I am the perfect companion to take to a Theme Park, I will ride EVERYTHING! My friends get  motion sickness and didnt even want to ride even one. I'm not gonna go into that, but I was extremely disappointed on that front. Next time  I go to Octoberfest(and I will be back!!!) I'm going with people who want and can ride the rollercoasters. 

Now to end this post, We did go see the City of Munich but that is another blog post in itself.  I'm not a drinker but I drank for this, and had an amazng experience! I cant believe it! If you get a chance to go, go, you won't regret it I know I didnt. And I'll also let you know about my Trip to England next month, I've already booked my bus and hostel!!! Until next time, which will hopefully be very soon bye!


0 comments:

Post a Comment