Thursday, October 16, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

London, England, Part Two

Hey guys so its the second part of the blog post from my London Trip!!!

I still can't believe that I was there, honestly I've wanted to go for so long it almost feels like a dream because I've had the dream of going there a few times in my life. So there is that. Let's see where did we leave off hmm??

Okay, so I was telling you how much of a tourist I had been on Saturday, I was really exhausted during all of that and trying to make the most out of my time there. After touring in the bus for hours on end I went back to Victoria station and took the train to Bayswater, I didn't know it at the time but the bus I was on ran RIGHT by my hostel, I was so bummed, I could have saved 5 pounds! Anyway, I went to my hostel  which turned out be a trip in itself. I didnt know how to get there obviously so I had to ask people, one girl was super helpful, she's like, "you're American what are you doing here??" lol...only to tell me she wanted to go to California, and i was like, "whats there" lol. It was just funny because everyone wants to go there, and everyone at home wants to see England. 

Anyway my hostel  was near Kensington Park which like I said it a famous park there as well. Anyway I made myself to the hostel an I had booked for a 6 female dorm, I know because I didn't mind paying the extra money for the added comfortably I would get with all girls. However when I get there I wa told there was a computer error of some sort and I ended up in a mxed room.  This is my room below by the way, it was empty when I took it. 



Of course how my life tends to work out, there was no other girls in that room, it was me and like 8 other guys. 7 of them were french and just made it so awkward how open they were with everything. I went to the store to get some food, this was my dinner that night. Cottage pie was beef with like onion like in it, I didn't see them or really taste them and the cottage part was mashed potato. It was okay, I ate it, but would I eat it again...maybe actually lol. That drink was so good though.



B before that, I went back into the room and One is sitting on the bed in his underwear on his computer, another is lying in the bed with his hand down his boxers, another one was bare assed naked in his bed, I though he was asleep but he wasn't. He at least half covered himself when he saw me, and the rest of them were shirtless and in boxers laughing. It was so horrible I hated it. I quick got my Notebook as my Nook was nearly dead and walked out of their to the kitchen where I watched/fell asleep to a documentary that was playing on a tv in the kitchen. I felt so antisocial moreso then normal. The Hostel I stayed at was call Gallery Hyde Park Hostesl. 

To the left is the Hostel Kitchen, there was another part but that was the sitting area..

And they did like a pub crawl but after my day and hat I was dealing with I went to bed a 7pm. And yes I slept with one eye open, I now fully understand that term. Like I woke up at every little sound, and they were loud and rude and didn't care tht there was other people besides them in the room. I was very happy to check out the next day. I left at 9:00am, even though check out was at 10:30am lol. I rode the bus to Victoria Station not wanting to walk around with my pack all day again and left it in their luggage facility they had. Basically a man checks it in and he watches everything it was awesome!

I then went to go check out the like shopping center and I'm glad I did! I found this bag for 10 pounds that has London on it, I have one from Amsterdam, Germany, Den Haag and now London. Something to remind me of my travels when I go  home. I also went a bought some Souvenirs and stuff.  Some things I really wanted to do like this,. There was a Harry Potter Studio tour that I had really wanted to do but the way things worked out I wasn't able too. Like I needed a mastercard to buy the ticket and I only had an dutch Maestro card so that didn't work. When I wa s finally able to get one, the tickets were like totally sold out for the studio tour. So I was super depressed. I'm hoping to go back in December for Christmas. I have a friend who lives in Leeds. So I can stay with them for the rest of the week, but spend the first Day in London and do the studio tour.

I know this is totally random  but when my day was over, I went to the mall to eat dinner at KFC which is cheaper there then in Holland or home lol. So Like I said earlier in the blog post this year Holland KFC doesnt have short thighs, this one did, and i got really super  happy about it.  They still served fries with it, but I go over that bit...though honestly who the eff though Chicken would go good with fries???  Maybe it's just mee, but I don't like my chicken with fries.

I did notice some similiarities and differences between London and home though. I loved seeing English everywhere I really missed seeing that this year as n Holland everything is in Dutch. Like this gum extra it as 0.48 pence which is honestly cents and I opened it expecting sticks of gum but it wasn't lol. It was little pieces it just struck me as strange lol.  








So lets see this is the picture of the park from where I was writing in my notebook about my day there.   







 And this last bit is me in the Kitchen part of my hostel eating by my lonesome. I don't look sad but I was super tired.   So yeah thats the end of my blog post, I'm gonna go meet the Au Pair who replaced Marcy. We will see how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment