Saturday, August 9, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Vacation is nearly over, Hi Amsterdam

So yeah my vacation is this final week and I find myself ready for it to end and just get back to working. That seems to make everything go by faster for me. I've mellowed out since coming here, and I find that I really am over the whole Au Pair thing. I'm not going to end it, as I'm 6 months in and that would be stupid, but I just think I'm done ya know. I come to the realization that though I love kids, this might not have been the best job for me.

Au Pairs have nothing when they leave their whole world to become an Au Pair. I lost a good friend of mine this past week, I just spent the week with her and then out of the blue I get a text from her saying the next day after I left mind you that she was going home the next day because her Host Mother decided she didnt want an Au Pair anymore.


I think I'm over the whole Au Pair thing as well, I can honestly say that as much as I love kids I never want to do this again. When I go abroad again, it will never be in Holland and never as an Au Pair.



This past week, I saw a movie every night lol, thank goodness for my movie card, I am going to miss that when I go back home.. And ontop of that on Wednesday I went back to Amsterdam and went on a tour that was free to Au Pairs. I'm all up for extra knowledge so it was fun, and I made a new friend in the process. We were going to visit the Anne Frank Museum,but good grief that line was atrocious, it was so massive.

 We did go to the Cheese musuem, and I tasted a ton of types of cheese, which was oddly fun. We tasted a cheese that tasted like Lavender soap, no joke. It was blue, and just gross. That cheese block to the right of the page is fake, however they do have cheese that big and more. If I ever get up the nerve to go into the neighborhood cheese shop and take a picture of some of them you'll see.






This next picture has a great story behind it, apparently there is a bridge in Paris that is filled with padlocks of all kinds. Look to the left there this was on a small brige in Amsterdam. The locks have names on them, and people...well couples write their name on them and they lock it to signal their love never ending. The bridge in Paris that covered in this, I want to see, however I was told that one section of it, collapsed because the locks(which I felt here) were really heavy. It was just an amazing thing to see.



 This piece of chocolate here, is so rich and yummy, reminds me thats yes we are close to Switzerland and yes I need to visit there before I go. I mustn't forget. My host family went to Switzerland for 2 weeks, and brought this back for me. It's huge, and so good.  It's like toffee nougat, swiss milk chocolate and honey I thnk. It's really good, never had this bit before. We do have those in the states, but this was just slightly different i think.
This bit to the right was a little walk through musuem we went through. The floor was covered in over the 100 or so different nationalities that currently reside in the Netherlands. America was there but our representation looks a bit like the UK flag lol. Anyone ever wonder why most of the countries have flags that have at least Red, Blue or white. Not all but alot have blue in them..wierd lol.



Now this last bit here was a disappointed. Starbucks will forever be overrated. This to the left is called a Vanilla cream, a Vanilla bean Frap at home. However the carmel as you can see on just the top was 50 cents extra, and I was disappointed and irritated that I paid that much and they only put it on the top. I anted the carmel in the cup like home. Sigh ..I won't really be back but I was peeved.



That's its I suppose, well there is more but I dont want to drama down my blog and turn this into a rant or something. i find myself wishing that my 5 months would just hurry up and go by already, it's beginning way to much. I'm not home sick as in I'm dying to see my family, but I do miss the simplicity of things. And on that note, I'm bucking up for 3 straight weeks of just me and the girls. #Icantwaitforschooltostart  

0 comments:

Post a Comment