Thursday, February 6, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Dont ever give up on your dreams


Dont ever give up on your dreams.....and I mean that!

I really should remember that saying when the going gets tough. Last week, I felt like my life was ending, that my amazing journey was over that quick, and that I would come home after 3 weeks, a failure. I didnt give up though, and I'm still here. My agency, had originally told me that they couldnt help me, because I wasnt their Au Pair, I use those words loosely. When I feel like I'm getting abandoned, I shut people out, and I did. At their words I started searching agencies that would take an American Au Pair, I never felt more alone then I did that. After an incident with another Agency, the one I'm with ask if I would give them a week to find me a family, and I said yes. I'm currently staying at the bed and breakfast that they have for stranded Au pairs, or Au Pairs whose family goes on holiday and doesnt bring you, or something of that sort.

It's very nice, but back I digress. I went back on AuPairWorld.Net, and I just sent out massive messages to host families, explaining my sitiuation and that I can start ASAP as I'm already in the Netherlands. That seemed to be the magic word. I had a bunch of negatives of course, and days it felt so hopeless and alone. But I didnt give up, I picked up my residence card this past Friday that says if I have a host family, I can stay in this country until Jan 1st, 2015 as an Au Pair. I have no family when I got it, so I could stay until Feb 25 and then I would have to go home. I didnt want that, I was committed to this trip and I didnt want to be ashamed of coming home so early and without success. So I cut myself off from everything and this blog as well.

This past week has been busy, I've had interviews that I thought went well, but the families all thought I was a sweet American girl, but didn't believe that I would be firm with their children...I can tell you that know me, I don’t have a problem with telling some no. I can discipline, I just really don’t like it. So after getting a negative yesterday morning, I had an interview in what is called Den Haag, and that is The Hague. It's dutch city, that has TONS of international people, but more on that later. The family is amazing! I met them in person, and while the the older adults went to speak dutch about the agency, I spent time with the oldest girls Wies, which is pronounced Reece, and she just turned 9. And she's and awesome little girl, we clicked immediately, And the grandmother thought so too, which is a plus! And she told me when she had to go to bed, that she hoped that I would become their Au Pair. Wies, has two younger Sisters, Fluer whose 6, and Clara whose 3.


And they want me as their Au pair! I found out earlier today! They are a true dutch family, their house is huge. I cannot explain that the most more on that later. I will cook 3 times a week(which is fine!), then I will take the girls to school by bike...I was looking forward to that the most, and then take the 3 year old to daycare twice a week, and then the rest of the week, she's with me. Wow right? This is amazing, the atmosphere in the house was like home alone. It was very comfortable and they're a special type of family they're used to hosting American, Australian, and Irish Au Pairs. They want native speakers of english so their girls can learn that way. I understand it, When you want the best for your children and you can, why settle for less. Okay, and I'm back to blogging! I feel so happy, I just cannot express myself, Tomorow, I'll tell a bit more about where I'm staying and what I do here. Thanks for reading guys! And I will see you tomorrow.!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great match. :)

Post a Comment