Thursday, March 20, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Last Weekend, Hyped up on Redbull and Vodka, ADHD Au Pairs :)



Hey guys,

I have a bit of news to tell you guys, I really should have wrote this on Sunday but I really didn’t feel like doing it. I still don’t know but I'm making myself do it as this weekend is coming up and I plan on doing something different too. And I don’t want to be behind on my posts. Okay so last weekend, On Friday I went to the bank as on Wednesday I have legally become a resident of the Hague, The Netherlands. And with their Social Security Number I can now open and account! Finally, because there are things I need to buy online like the OV train card with the 40% discount on the rides. But I digress back to the bank, So I go in with all my information that I needed to open it, Passport, the paper that says I'm a resident and my permit to work in the Netherlands.. I get to the front and as I says their banks don’t have the glass. She says I need to make an appointment..and the nearest one is Next Friday, which is in two days lol. And I'm excited! So I explored the town by myself.

Saturday I went back to the Center as I didn’t want to stay home and have my host family think that I was lazy for not going out. And I ended up finding this candy store in the middle of the center that has something that resembles chocolate chips. I don’t know if I said it, but they don’t have chocolate chips here, and if you guys want to send me some.....go for it! So while I was splurging and spending money on people who have no idea I'm thinking of them, I got a call from Marcy that asks if I want to hang out with her and her friends, fellow Au pairs. I'm so not going to turn down that, so I said yes.

Fast forward 2 hours later I get the information I needed and I head to the central station. I took the metro here for the first time, and heres where it gets bad. I stole a ride! I know, it's not that bad but I was horrified. They have an automatic system here, you have a card that words on the bus, tram and Metro. You put it in front of the machine and it beeps, that means you paid, when you get off on your stop there is a machine there too you have to put your card to it again, to signal the end of the trip, otherwise it just keeps taking money off of it. And when I got on the train I didn’t do it, so I spent my half hour journery on the metro, invisioning a dutch officer who checks the fares(they do that on the trains and the busses) coming to me and finding out that I didn’t pay. I don’t want to go to jail! Least of all in a foreign country.

So I finally get to Pijnacker, yes it is spelled like that. And it's a small town, still in the Hague. I didn’t know the Hague extended that far. It was a surprise to me. And while there I met a bunch of new Au Pairs, 3 Au pairs from South Africa, one from Denmark, One from the Philippines, and then there was me an Marcy from the USA, a bit of a small mixture. We had a blast.! Like really we did, we had this whole Karoke thing going on. It was hiliaroius, we were hyped up on red bull, vodka, wine, juice and ice cream. It was an awesome experience, I'm so happy I was apart of it.(The video I'm putting up here lol)
In the middle of the night we went to the park, and went on these swings that took a lot of upper and lower body strength, it was tough but it was so much fun. I don’t have many pictures from that night as my camera died early on. I do have some pics of us jumping on the trampoline in the backyard. That was amazing, and falling and laughing. Good times!



Sunday morning, I woke up with the other Au Pairs and we had breakfast and then watched some tv, before I left at about 11:30am, because I had a prior engagement at 2:30pm later on that day. If I would have brought my bike I would have gone with them to Delft. I'm so sad that I missed out on that. Their pictures looked amazing. Anways so when I went to the Center later on that day, imagine my surprise when I saw that they were having a St. Patricks Day Festival going on!(A small picture of that to the right!)


It was all in ENGLISH!. I was excited about that. I didn’t stay for too long but I was enjoying myself for the time I did.. I then went home, but it was such and awesome day. I have more to blog about this week, about my Au Pair experiences because after all this is an Au Pair blog. And I have a bit I'd like to talk about it. Anyways. Stay tuned for that!







0 comments:

Post a Comment