Tuesday, March 25, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Nuclear War Summit! The Hague!


Did I mention that the 24-25 of March, which is today and yesterday that the Netherlands or more specifically Den Haag, or the Hague will be hosting the 2014 Nuclear Security Summit. That took place yesterday and today as I stated and since my host family lives about 10-15 minutes away from the building it's taking place at the streets around us, were cut off, or blocked and it was just very exciting. I left my camera upstairs, which was a bummer but oh well. They had over 50 world leaders from countries, for example, the president of the USA(everyone here was extremely excited to see Obama) Like we saw him and his cars earlier. The dutch people here said they understand the significance of our president even if we don’t. I understand but it's like they are overly excited about it. It's very different. Anyways, they have the Canada, the United Kingdom, Egypt, Australia and New Zealand, and Greece, Mexico. Today we saw in addition to the USA president, we got to see the Mexico president? Or do they have a prime minister? Anyway them, and the leader of another flag which I currently don’t know. I'm going to google it.



I just googled it and it was the Argentina flag. Hmm, we saw a bunch of cars with the leaders in it and diferent flags. In case no one has noticed I have a things for flags. I like to have one of every place I've gone, even in the states, If I get no other souvenir make sure I get a flag. That's bascially the building where it's taking place, the street has a tone of flags, it goes further up as well, but I didnt take a picture of it yet. As the USA flag is nowhere to be found in this picture.


Okay that's all I wanted to share, going to try to catch a mid morning nap while I have the chance. The helicpters are getting very annoying. You hear one every 10 minutes or so, anyway toodles.

Ps. This is what I had to see since last week, signs all over the town, telling you of the summit. It was crazy! Below is where it took place, there were a ton of police but like I said, I didnt get any good photos becuase I left my camera on my bed. *sobs*





0 comments:

Post a Comment