Friday, March 28, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

World Forum, Oreo Chocolates, and Lasagna :)

So basically my week was pretty much the same, give or a take a few things. As I said last post that the Nucleaur summit was here and it caused a bit of disruption. Streets were closed off, you couldnt bike places, some people had to work from home(my host mom and my friend's host mom) because the freeway was mostly closed as they only had one lane open. Everyone here was totally excited about seeing the President of the US of A though. I went with my host dad, and host kids and the kids across the street on Tuesday to visit the World Forum building where the Summit took place.

 It was very enlightening and cool to see the flags so you could see where each country leader had sat. I took a lot of pictures because I figured why not...lol. Anyway they have one picture I put it below, it's flowers(real ones, I touched them) attached to chains in a sort of a design..they were wierd but cool looking. They are to the left of the sentence. <<<<<<<Check them out!!





 









I'm a bit tired to actualy explain more in depth about what I saw and how tiring I was to go to the world forum as we went by bike. My legs were on fire but I made it somehow and I Stayed with the group pace...surprisingly. I am improving in my bike riding, speed wise I mean.


So this to the right is a candy bar I bought last week, they have an amazing selection of chocolate here, and it's nothing back home. Backk home I often bought bricks of Belgium chocolate, or UK chocolate as honestly I don’t like the taste of a regular bar of a chocolate. I had a chocolate at home and it tasted waxy, I get here and everything is real, you can taste it. So I love milka the brand I mean, they make amazing combinations, I was craving and orero cookie when I bought that on Last Saturday and I still have one square in my fridge!

And on one last note and I'm done. This is my dinner I made tonight, and it will last me until Sunday. It's lasagna..and yes it's in a frying pan. My room doesnt have many dishes so I improvised and that was the only oven safe dish I had. I'm so happy my mom made me learn how to cook at 11. Which is great actually because I cooked this same dish last Tuesday for my Host family. They all enjoyed it. Okay, I'm done..I think..yeah It's almost 10pm and I'm tired..Time for a cup of tea and then procrastinating until 12 and ten bed. I'm so happy tomorrow is Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment