Friday, March 14, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

Stuffy Noses, stupid maps, and flowers in a can :)

Hi everyone, I think I might have an interesting post tonight, but I'm sick. I was with the youngest last week, and she had the flu, and I and the rest of the house, caught some form of it. Bascially, my nose is stuffed, have a horrible cough and I'm miserable oh yeah and I sound like my brother apparently. But that's not the point of this post, I have a bit of sporadic things that I felt deserved it's own spot on this post today. Like this bit for instance, I just realized since I've been over here i've been untentionally spelling the words how I see them everyday, instead of how I was taught. For instance, Gray and Grey, Favor and Favour, Color and Colour, Center and Centre, Get it, I know right, they're all the same but to those grammer Nazi's out there it's correct, either way you say it!

Okay moving on to things that matter. Today I worked a morning shift so that meant at 1pm, I was free to do whatever I wanted. Okay so then I took my Granny bike and my Nook, and proceeded to get lost while looking for Rabobank. That's the name of the bank that lets Au Pairs get accounts for the year. So I was looking for streets, according to the directions and map but I got so lost. 

I was wondering around for an hour and half until finally I was like, forget this. I ditch both the map and the directions and I'm like, I'm just gonna check out the center. So I go to the center and lo and behold, I see to my astonishment that Rabobank is directly next to the train station. The one station I constantly have been through. Facepalm, and fail blog at it's finest. I had to snicker to myself, but I couldnt believe it.

So then I go instead and I'm like, I want to open a bank account. And the woman behind the counters told me, it's by appointments only. What the hell? Seriously? And their banks don’t look like ours, they don’t have the bulletproof glass separating the customers and tellers. It was very surreal. So the next available appointment is Next Friday at 2:00pm, heres to hoping I can get the morning shift again. It depends on the mom's schedule though..

I parked my bike near HEMA, as that's the Giant store directly in the center and I knew if I got lost, I could always find my way back there. So I went exploring, and I go lost a bit, turned some corners but I managed to make my way back to this small cafe we had went into before. It's an Asian-Dutch cafe. Yes I know, weird as that is, but I'm on a mission to try every one of their fruit soda's. Last time I had melon, and this time I had watermelon, next time something else. This time though I decided I would try their cheescake, and has ultimately decided it tasted like mousse and not like cheescake. The desserts here are wierd, dont let me get started on their Apple pies. I digress the strawberry cheesecake was so pretty though, check this out. 

I know right??? And i dont even like Hello kitty!


Tommorow, I'm gonna take the tram I think because my cold hates the bike and the wind. It's like a wheeze and it hurts my throat and ugh just miserable. Meaning on Thursday when I went to pick up the girls I had to ride the 'mommy bike' instead of the bakfiet. Which I enjoyed actually. The mommy bike is bascially a bike with 2 child seats on them or more depending on the family. Our Mommy bike has 2, but I have seen bikes with 4, and then a seat in the back for a child, or just all different types. Hmm, I'm gonna start taking pictures because it's cool when one thinks about it.

The child seats are usually One in the front, one in the back. I rode with Clara on the backseat, it was easier too, Marcy had one as well. So I felt a bit better with the wind at my face. With the bakfiet and you with you being sick is a horrible combination. So we rode this way and I have to say I prefer this, as I know I cannot ride the bakfiet every single day when Clara goes to school next month. That's just no.

One last thing and then I'm officially done for the night. Today during my little 'shopping spree' I bought something for my favorite Harry Potter fan girl, but thats besides the point lol. I got a a little soda can thingy thats bascially you can grow a flower in the can.. It's so weird, but so cool looking, well to me anyway lol. It looks like this. I'm still a bit unsure on how the directions truly go as the front is in english, but everything else including the directions is in dutch >.< As that's becoming the norm I can read a few words..but I'm still mostly lost.



Well that's it for now I'm tired of typing and feeling like I'm about to cough up one of my lungs. As soon as one nostril gets unstuffed, the other gets all stuffy, and another thing I miss from home is the menthol coughdrops and nightquil, and Vicks vapor rub with an extreme amount of menthol. I know I brought one from home, but I'm too sick to look for it. So I have to make due with the one I bought today which sucks. Anyway, enough of my complaining, until tomorrow when I venture out again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment