Thursday, January 2, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

First Night in the Netherlands

Well, I've arrived to my destination. I started in San Francisco, then had a layover in Copenhagen, and then I went to Amsterdam. And one more hurdle, a two hour car ride to Groningen, and now I am at the place I will be calling home. My room is fairly small but you can tell that it was done with love and care in it. So I like it, its my own little spot. Which I will show pictures of my room later or a small video I haven't decided which one yet.

Basically what's happened is my luggage went from SFO to Copenhagen, but when I went to Amsterdam it did not. So now I'm here with no clothes, and I cannot lose my things, I just bought some of those clothes and I haven't even had a chance to wear them, not to mention my red teddy bear blanket which I've had since I was 6 is in one of them. It was in my carry on that they made me check because my first flight was packed and they wanted the semi-big bags to go under the plane. I really regret saying yes to that, but then again, I don't think I actually had much choice.

I think I'm going to have a shower, I traveled for 2 days and I'm ready for some hot water, not to mention it's 11:22pm here, and I'm pretty tired. I didn't get much sleep on the plane, I mean how could I? The seats are extremely  uncomfortable, unless you are in first class, or business class. One day I will ride those seats, one day.

I have a Dutch class on Saturday in the morning so I need to study for it by watching a couple of videos, which is what tomorrow is for, as I am NOT doing that now.

Alright, that's pretty much just a check in, but I just wanted to say that my host parents are amazing, and my host mom really outdid herself. She went above and beyond and I am extremely thankful for that. I hope I'm more chatty tomorrow, as I feel I didn't speak enough to them. I hope I don't offend them, I really do like them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment