Friday, January 3, 2014 | By: ToniGurl

My first offical day in the Netherlands

Today, has been one be rush of tiredness. I'm trying not to go to bed but I'm really exhausted right now. The time difference from California and the Netherlands is 9 hours and let me tell you I am feeling it. Its the wee hours of the early morning back in the states where I'm from and it's 2 hours passed noon here. Today was a fairly productive day, my luggage is still unaccounted for, so I'm sad about that. Here's to hoping I get it tonight, or tomorrow. As I REALLY want to unpack my clothes.

My  host parents took me out on a shopping trip, as you get reimbursed if the airline loses your luggage, up to 225 euros. I hate shopping and then add to the fact that I'm tired, well it went okay. But anymore and I would have melted down I think. I got some really cool socks among a few other things, but the one thing that I love that has nothing to do with the shopping trip is the electric blanket my host mom got me. It keeps me warm. A matter fact I'm bout to lie down in a bit and get a small nap in.

So in addition to going shopping for clothes, we also went grocery shopping and the Dutch I noticed has a lot of tea. And carbonated sweet tea? Sounds yummy and I can't wait to try it. I used to think it was an American thing that if you refused refreshments or food you can offend then. I think it's a human thing. Because last night I wasn't hungry or thirsty but I was constantly offered items. Today I helped myself to some breakfast(which was yogurt and a slice of bread with some Nutella) and I was full. This will make an interesting year I think. I think I hear an Ambulance outside, it sounds different, foreign to me. Anyway, my  host parents use cars, I haven't seen a bike at all, so that's a bit of a let down, but that's fine as its really cold and I don't mind something that I'm used to.

Brian my host kid, is really sweet. He cries a lot, and doesn't like to ride whether it be in his car seat, or stroller or just sitting in his highchair. He hates being confined so I can see already that me and him are going to be going out a lot. He let me hold him and everything! Jacqueline said that they put my pictures around the house so he could get used to seeing me, and he kind of knows me now. But then again it's only been 2 days so we have some time.

I have a dutch class tomorrow, and I need to check out the video that my teacher told me to check out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment